The Faculty is led by the Dean and supported by the Faculty Executive Director, and the Faculty Executive.
The Faculty is led by the Dean, Professor Mark Considine and supported by the Faculty Executive Director, Ms Joanne Ligouris.
Two Graduate Schools
Five interdisciplinary Schools
The Faculty Board and the Arts Faculty Executive Committee (AFEC) chaired by the Dean are the two key governance fora for the Faculty of Arts, with the Humanities Foundation Board established in 2013 to oversee the Faculty’s fundraising efforts in support of the humanities disciplines.
AFEC membership includes heads of the five academic schools, the Faculty Executive Director, Deputy Deans and Associate Deans as follows:
- Chair, Professor Mark Considine, Dean
- Professor Denise Varney and Professor John Murphy (Deputy Deans)
- Professor Trevor Burnard, Head, School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
- Professor Peter Otto, Acting Head, School of Culture and Communication
- Professor Pookong Kee, Director, Asia Institute
- Professor Alfredo Martinez-Exposito, Head, School of Languages and Linguistics
- Associate Professor Parshia Lee-Stecum, Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning
- Associate Professor Timothy Lynch, Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research Training
- Professor Adrian Little, Head, School of Social and Political Sciences
- Professor Andrew May, Associate Dean, Research
- Associate Professor Sara Wills, Associate Dean, Engagement and Advancement
- Ms. Joanne Ligouris, Executive Director
The Faculty Board considers key matters of Faculty business for the purpose of wider collegial consultation, including consideration of the minutes of the Faculty Standing Committees. The Board comprises nominees from the Faculty Schools, representatives of other Faculties and University bodies, and student representatives.
Faculty Standing Committees include:
- Bachelor of Arts Course Standing Committee
- Research Committee
- Teaching and Learning Committee
- Committee of Disciplines
- Research Training Committee
- Engagement Committee
- Graduate Studies Committee
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity Committee
- Library Committee