Incoming exchange and study abroad
A warm welcome to the Faculty of Arts at the University of Melbourne.
Studying at the University of Melbourne provides students with a rich academic and social experience on a wonderful campus in the midst of a city with a great lifestyle. On campus, you'll find hundreds of ways to meet students and have fun through clubs, sport, volunteering and travel, and you are encouraged to get involved in some of the activities that are on offer. A semester abroad is also a great way to explore new disciplines or study subjects that might not be available to you at home, so please take every chance to try new things.
The first few weeks at a new university is an exciting time, but we understand that it can also be daunting. We have staff available to assist you with all your questions, so please feel free to visit the Arts Student Centre to get the help you need.
What do I do before arrival?
- Go to the Admin Online web page to create your personal university account.
- Complete all of the online enrolment steps until the system asks you to select subjects. You will not be able to do this until you have shown your passport at the Melbourne Global Mobility International Student Briefing (see below).
- If you experience problems completing the enrolment we can assist you in your course advice appointment when you arrive.
What happens on the exchange and study abroad enrolment day?
22 February 2013
- Attend the international student briefing (compulsory)
- Free lunch for study abroad and exchange students
- Attend the Faculty of Arts information and enrolment session (compulsory)
These sessions are to welcome you to the Faculty of Arts, introduce some of our staff and give you some information that will be useful to you during your time with us. The information session is 1.45-2.45pm in the Public Lecture Theatre, Old Arts Building on enrolment day.
Please bring your passport to the session. We must sight your passport before you can enrol.
Finalise enrolment at a course advice and enrolment appointment
We recommend that you book a course advice appointment with one of our student advisors. At the appointment you can discuss your study plan and choose your four subjects. Appointments are available throughout orientation week and you can book an appointment online at the Arts Student Centre appointment booking system.
Course Advice Appointments will be held in the Arts Student Centre, Arts West building.
During your first two weeks at Melbourne, we encourage you to attend as many classes and tutorials as you like. Try different subjects and disciplines and you can delete or add subjects up until March 15.
To add new subjects to your study plan please use the online form. Completing this form will add subjects to your study plan as 'planned'. If you want to take the subject you must ensure that you log into the portal and enrol in the subject.
Student advisor for study abroad and exchange students: Nick Gilfillan