Overseas intensive subjects

The School of Culture and Communication and the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies teach subjects overseas as one-month intensive fieldwork programs in the summer or winter non-teaching period. See the school websites for more information on the entry requirements.

Students may also be eligible to undertake University credited overseas subjects run by Australians Studying Abroad (ASA). In association with many Australian universities, including the University of Melbourne, ASA offers overseas credit courses in a broad range of areas to various destinations.

These subjects incur a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or fee-paying charge as well as travel costs.

All ASA subjects, excluding those run by the University of Melbourne, will need to be approved in writing by the appropriate departmental representative and a copy provided to the Faculty of Arts' Outgoing Exchange Officer.

Some travel assistance may be available to students undertaking an overseas-taught subject. For more information please visit the Melbourne Global Mobility Outbound students Funding and scholarships web page.

More information

School of Culture and Communication Mobility opportunities web page.


Email: SAEX-outgoing-HASS@unimelb.edu.au