Overseas intensive programs
Arts students, particularly those who are learning a language, may wish to study overseas but are either unable or unwilling to commit themselves to a minimum semester-long program. These students may wish to participate in an intensive course run at an overseas institution during the University of Melbourne's winter or summer break.
To be eligible, students must be:
- Enrolled as either a domestic or international student of the University of Melbourne
- Have completed at least one year (and 75 points) at the time of applying
- Have achieved a minimum H2B (70%) weighted average across their studies.
Students who are seeking to gain credit for language subjects overseas must:
- Have been learning that language at the University of Melbourne for at least 12 months
- Be at an intermediate level of the language at the time of exchange
- Have a minimum H2B (70%) average in the language.
Enrolment and fees
Students must organise their own enrolment and pay their tuition fees directly to the overseas institution. All courses must be approved in writing by the appropriate School representative prior to departure and a copy provided to the Faculty of Arts' Outgoing Exchange Officer.
Some scholarships may be available for students undertaking an intensive overseas course. For more information please visit the Melbourne Global Mobility Outbound students Funding and scholarships web page.
The Faculty's Outgoing Exchange Officer provides advice to both undergraduate and graduate students. Please email Dove Rengger-Thorpe.