The Study Abroad program allows students to study at an overseas institution that does not have an exchange agreement with the University of Melbourne. Students are asked to arrange their own overseas study program and have chosen overseas subjects approved by faculty(s) before departure.
- Be enrolled at the University of Melbourne as a domestic or international student
- Have completed, or are about to complete, at least one year of study and 75 points at the University of Melbourne by the due date of applications
- Have achieved a weighted average of at least 65% (H3) across the degree for which you are seeking credit while on exchange
- Demonstrate through a financial plan your ability to support your stay overseas
- Satisfy host institution and host country entry requirements
- Be a 'good ambassador' for the University of Melbourne
Students will be enrolled in University of Melbourne placeholder subjects while they are on Study Abroad. Students will then be enrolled at the study abroad institution of your choice and be liable for the fees from that university.
Generous travel scholarships are available for Study Abroad students. For more information please visit the Melbourne Global Mobility Outbound students Funding and scholarships web page.
Students enrolled in combined degrees, concurrent diplomas, honours or graduate coursework degrees are all eligible to apply for study abroad. Students enrolled in 100-point programs have special restrictions placed on their study abroad program.