English and Theatre Studies seminars Semester 2, 2016
English and Theatre Studies seminars will be held throughout the semester on Wednesdays at 4.30pm in John Medley (Building 191) fourth floor linkway. All are welcome. Questions about the seminars can be directed to email Sarah Balkin or email Joe Hughes.
- 3 August: Miranda Stanyon: 'A Treasure for Eternity': Thomas De Quincey's Feeling for War
- 10 August: Catherine Roach (University of Alabama) to speak during the Gender Studies seminar on Thursday August 11th from 12.30-1.30. Joint event in lieu of the usual English & Theatre Studies Wednesday seminar.
- 24 August: Lesa Scholl (Emmanuel College within the University of Queensland), "Why are the Poor Hungry Still? Political Economy, Community, and Poetic Justice"
- 31 August: Sarah Comyn, "Political Economy and the Language of Feeling: Rereading Jane Marcet"
- 7 September: Ian Buchanan (University of Wollongong), "Assembling Texts"
- 21 September: Peter Otto (title to be confirmed)
- 5 October: Australia Centre Roundtable: Kim Wilkins, Lisa Fletcher, Beth Driscoll, Ken Gelder
- 19 October: Paula Rabinowitz, "Pulp Modernism"