Gender Studies honours 2017
The honours course in Gender Studies, with a 50-point thesis, is now available.
Fore more information please check the Handbook entry.
All tutorials and classes for School of Culture and Communication students begin in the first week of semester.
Attendance at lectures and participation in tutorials is expected in all subjects.
Essays and assignments
Your subject coordinator will advise on assessment submission. Please check the LMS for submission guidelines.
Essay writing guide and citation styles
University Library Citation guides. Your tutor or subject coordinator can advise on the appropriate citation style for your discipline.
Assignment extensions of up to two weeks (10 working days) duration may be permitted to accommodate unforeseen circumstances, where a student's capacity to submit required work by the due date has been affected by significant factors beyond their control. Depending on the severity of the circumstances, an extension of less than 10 working days may be appropriate. To apply for an assignment extension please complete the Assignment extension request form.
Please note: A minor thesis or honours thesis is not governed by this policy and students should contact their supervisors in the first instance.
For extensions beyond two weeks (10 working days) please apply via your student portal for Special Consideration. Supporting documentation must be provided with any request for an extension of time or an application for Special Consideration.
Extensions are not available for the following:
- Computer failure
- Assessment in other subjects due at the same time
- Employment responsibilities and routine financial support
- Social activities and commitments
- Stress or 'normal' anxiety
- Study difficulties
- Language difficulties
- Minor inconvenience - minor illness or mishap that has only a few days impact.
For more information please see the Students Special consideration web page.
- Students who commenced their minor thesis Semester 2, 2016: Thesis due Friday May 5, 2017
- Students who commenced their minor thesis Semester 1, 2017: Thesis due Friday October 6, 2017
- Students who commenced their minor thesis Semester 2, 2017: Thesis due Friday May 4, 2018
Thesis declaration form
The School of Culture and Communication has the following mobility opportunities:
- AHIS40016 Aboriginal Art in the Northern Territory
- AHIS40013 Contemporary Art in China
- AHIS40020 Museology in Florence
For more information, please contact the Global Mobility team.
Prospective honours students
Information on how to apply for honours can be found on the Faculty of Arts Honours web page.
Stop 1 is the face of student services online, on the phone and in person. Services include administration, course planning, enrolment assistance, skills development and support services. Contact Stop 1.
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.