Friday 11 August - Consultation Day
Day 1 - Consultation Day
Friday 11 August 10 am to 4 pm
Please book a free individual session with one of our experts;
- Jude Fraser specialising paper based wartime memorabilia (photos, prints, documents and diaries);
- Susie Collis specialising in 3D artefacts (uniforms, military kit and equipment, medals and textiles);
- David Gardner, Director of the RAAF Museum who will assist with general and historical information.
Twenty-minute sessions run from 10am to 4pm and bookings are essential.
Memorabilia brought in for these sessions will be photographed as a documentary record of the workshops.
For your safety and that of others STRICTLY NO WEAPONS OR MUNITION. If you would like advice about these, please bring a photo.
Rolling collection care demonstrations will be running throughout the day. These include cleaning of metals, archival storage for memorabilia, preventive measures and storage of textiles and researching military history.
We encourage people without memorabilia wishing to view sessions to book an observer ticket.
Saturday 12 August - Activity Day
Day 2 - Activity Day
Saturday 12 August 10 am to 4 pm
10:15 am Talk: Caring for Wartime Memorabilia
Rolling collection care demonstrations will be running during the day.
- cleaning of metals,
- checking and preventing insect attack,
- disaster preparedness in the home,
- removing photographs from magnetic albums,
- researching military history and medal information,
- preventive and storage of textiles memorabilia.