Please Note: These links take you to external websites. The National Centre of Excellence for Islamic Studies is not responsible for their content.
- Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) is the peak body for Muslim organisations in Victoria. The ICV represents Victoria’s more than 90,000 Muslims, through its 28 member organisations located throughout metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria.
- Australian Federation of Islamic Councils (AFIC) The national umbrella organisation for Muslims in Australia
- Muslim Women’s National Network Australia represents a network of Muslim women's organisations and individuals throughout Australia.
Additional Resources on Islam - Publications
- Abdalati, Hammudah (1998) Islam in Focus, Kuala Lumpur: Islamic Book Trust.
- Ahmed, Akbar S. (1999) Islam Today: A Short Introduction to the Muslim World, London: I.B. Tauris Publishers.
- Akbarzadeh, Shahram (2005), Islam and the West: reflections from Australia, University of New South Wales Press.
- Cleland, Bilal (2001) The Muslims in Australia: A Brief History, Melbourne: Islamic Council of Victoria.
- Esposito, John and Voll, John (2001). Makers of Contemporary Islam. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Hamid, AbdulWahid (1989) Islam the Natural Way, London: MELS.
- Lings, Martin (1983) Muhammad: his Life Based on the Earliest Sources, Vermont: Inner Traditions International.
- Nasr, Seyyed Hossein (1994) A Young Muslim’s Guide to the Modern World, Cambridge: Islamic Texts Society.
- Pickthall, Mohammed Marmaduke (trans.) (1994) The Meaning of the Holy Qur’an: An Explanatory Translation, reprint, New Delhi: UBS Publishers Ltd.
- Saeed, Abdullah (2003). Islam in Australia, Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- Saeed, Abdullah and Shahram Akbarzadeh (eds.) (2001) Muslim Communities in Australia, Sydney: UNSW Press.
- Saeed, Abdullah (2004) Muslim Australians: Their Beliefs, Practices and Institutions, Canberra: Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs.
- Sarwar, Ghulam, Sex Education: The Muslim Perspective. Sydney: Muslim Educational Trust.
- Waines, David (1995) An Introduction to Islam, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.