Research by Centre
ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
The centre is investigating language as a diverse, dynamic and evolving organism that interacts with our perceptual processes in ingenious ways. At the heart of the centre's work are four basic puzzles: Language diversity, Language learning, Language processing and Language evolution.
ARC Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions (Europe 1100-1800)
The centre operates across five Australian university nodes with the lead node at University of Western Australia. The second largest node is at The University of Melbourne, where the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies hosts the Melbourne hub together with the School of Culture and Communication.
The Policy Lab
The Policy Lab, a Faculty of Arts research unit, explores public policy decision making, policy design, and how we know what's working. The Policy Lab works in partnership with government and other organisations on public policy design experiments and policy-relevant research.
Research Unit for Indigenous Language
The The Research Unit for Indigenous Language works with Indigenous communities across Australia and the region to expand and strengthen Indigenous language research, and to support efforts by communities to maintain their linguistic and cultural heritage. Our activities include linguistic research, training, and policy advice for industry and government.
Research Unit in Public Cultures
The Research Unit in Public Cultures plays a key role in facilitating scholarship, enhancing research opportunities and enabling collaborations between creative industries, cultural institutions, research institutions, academic research centres and public communities.
Transformative Technologies Research Unit
The Transformative Technologies Research Unit examines the historical, social, philosophical and political ramifications of the transformation of technologies (eg the transition from analogue to digital technologies) and the transformation by technologies (eg the social implications of transformative technologies to concepts of self, the city, knowledge and global relations).
Research by School
School based research centres and networks
- Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- Asian Cultural Research Network (ACRN)
- Asia Pacific Tropical Climate Conservation Art Research Network (APTCCARN)
- Australian Centre
- Centre for Advancing Journalism (CAJ)
- Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE)
- Centre for Contemporary Chinese Studies (CCCS)
- Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation (GCCMC)
- Human Rights and Animal Ethics Research Network (HRAE)
- Indian Ocean Research and Action Network (IORAN)
- Language Testing Research Centre (LTRC)
- National Centre of Excellence for Islamic Studies (NCEIS)
- Population, Migration and Multicultural Studies Network
- Research Unit for Multilingualism and Cross-Cultural Communication (RUMACCC)
- Visual Cultures Resource Centre (VCRC)