Italian Australian Foundation Bursary
- 20th Mar 2017
- 29th May 2017
- Study level
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
Through the support of the Italian Australian Foundation, in 2015 the Faculty of Arts in conjunction with the School of Languages and Linguistics, launched the Italian Australian Foundation Bursaries.
The bursaries are to encourage research on Italian language, history and/or culture by students who are disadvantaged and in financial need.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Australian citizens of Italian descent* as specified by the donor whose focus is to advance the education of Australian residents who are of Italian descent. However, all Australian residents or citizens who fit the eligibility criteria are invited to apply.
* Italian descent is defined as being able to trace Italian ancestry within three generations on at least one side of the family.
From amongst eligible applicants, the scholarships will be awarded to the students most disadvantaged in their academic work by financial need.
Several awards may be offered from this amount
Open to disadvantaged students who are enrolled or enrolling in fourth year (Honours) in Italian Studies.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Eligible applicants must complete:
- Online application form which includes financial assessment questions
- A Statement of Parents or Guardians Income form, except those over 25 years of age, or those receiving the "Unreasonable to live at home" rate of Youth Allowance. This can be uploaded into the application form
- Certified copy of Australian residency or citizenship
- Proof of Italian descent if applicable (please supply a copy of your parent's or grandparent's Passport, Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate or Death Certificate - this does not need to be an original certified copy but the committee reserve the right to request the original at a later date if required)
- Any other information to support your application that may assist the committee in making its decision.
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.
Applications must be submitted prior to the advertised closing date.