French History Research Higher Degree Scholarship
- 15th Feb 2017
- 3rd Apr 2017
- Study level
- Graduate research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
The French History Research Higher Degree Scholarship is a travelling scholarship to be awarded annually to research higher degree students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts or The Faculty of VCA and Music of The University of Melbourne who are studying an aspect of French History or Culture towards their degree. The award would be for overseas travel to France or elsewhere for academically justifiable research.
The scholarship will be awarded on the recommendation of the Faculty of Arts and The Faculty of VCA and Music and is open to eligible candidates in the Faculty of Arts and The Faculty of VCA and Music. If no suitable candidates apply for the award in any given year, the Committee may, at its discretion, decide not to make an award. Funds will be held over until the next year when two awards might then be offered.
One scholarship will be awarded.
Open to research higher degree students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts or The Faculty of VCA and Music of The University of Melbourne who are studying an aspect of French History or Culture towards their degree.
- PhD candidates with confirmed candidature in the Faculty of Arts or the The Faculty of VCA and Music
- Have good academic merit
- Have a clear and justifiable plan for the use of the award
The Scholarship is intended to be applied to airfares, train/bus fares, accommodation, and/or any other expenses associated with travel at the research site.
This award is not to fund the attendance at conferences or seminars if this is the sole purpose of the application. Nor is the award to be used to support course fees at an overseas institution.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
You must supply the following documents to support your application. You can upload these into the application form:
- Outline of proposed planned activities that will be undertaken through the Scholarship
- Current Academic Record/transcript
- Two academic references
- Any other information to support application that may assist the committee in making its decision