Lloyd Robson Memorial Award
Rosemary Kiss donated to the University in 1984 to establish a research award in memory of her late husband, Lloyd Robson.
Dr Robson joined the University's department of History as a lecturer in 1964, retired as a reader in History in 1988, and remained an active associate of the department until his death in August 1990. His contribution to Australian history in the department was outstanding and, through his own seminal research and publications, he stood at the forefront of promoting Australian history nationally as a significant arena of scholarly inquiry. The award is open to postgraduate students of Australian history to assist them to undertake research interstate.
The Lloyd Robson Memorial Award is awarded annually to a Graduate Research student of Australian history.
The award can be used to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, entrance fees and conference registrations, research material costs, travel insurance, per diem.
Academic attainments and potential of the candidate as well as the candidate's financial need will be taken into account.
- Open to currently enrolled Graduate Research student of Australian history in the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies to assist them to undertake research interstate.
- Students must be confirmed or have completed their formal review successfully, for the purposes of interstate travel.
- Previous recipients can apply but preference is to be given to applicants who have not previously held the award.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to their donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
- Include a reference to the fund in any presentation or publication arising out of research or travel undertaken by them.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Complete online application including budget details and upload the following supporting documents:
- A statement (approx. 500 words) clearly indicating your field of research and how the award is likely to enhance your reseach project and graduate research experience
- Details of your research program, including full intinerary
- Documentary evidence of availability of archival materials at the locations you intend to visit and details of access arangements if applicable
- A statement of support from your supervisor
- Any other information to support application that may assist the committee in making its decision
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.