- 1st Nov 2017
- 31st Jan 2018
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Honours, Graduate coursework, Graduate research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- University Trust Record
Read the Shakespeare Scholarship story here 'Statue or scholarship: A vexed question'
- Study Area
This prize is awarded to the student who submits the best essay of not less than 4000 words or more than 5000 words, in the opinion of the English and Theatre Studies department Board of Examiners, School of Culture and Communication, on the subject of Shakespeare.
Persons eligible to apply for award of the scholarship are:
- Students enrolled in the course for the degree of bachelor of Arts who are undertaking a Second, Third or Fourth Year English and Theatre Studies subject, and
- Persons who have qualified not more than one year previously for the degree of Bachelor of Arts (ordinary degree) with a major in English and Theatre Studies
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write a letter of appreciation to the committee upon acceptance of the award
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Apply online and upload an electronic copy of your essay.