The Anna Lodewyckx Scandinavian Scholarships
The Anna Lodewyckx Scandinavian Scholarships are awarded to promote the advanced study of Icelandic (Old Norse and Modern Icelandic) or to encourage study and research in Scandinavian countries.
For the purposes of this scholarship a Scandinavian country is one of Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland or the Faroe Islands.
Open to graduates or final year honours undergraduates who have had the degree of bachelor of Arts (degree with honours) formally conferred by an Australian university or who have had some other degree approved by the selection committee formally conferred, and who possess at least an elementary knowledge of a Scandinavian language.
The applicant must be willing to undertake an approved course of study at a Scandinavian university. This can include summer school and/or course intensives subject to committee approval.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to their donor/committee (Upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
You must submit your application online and upload the following documents to support your application:
- Statement and any information that supports your application
- Details of your proposed course of study (maximum 2 pages)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Current academic record/ transcript (or some other form of evidence showing you meet eligibility)
- Any other information which may assist the Committee in making its decision
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.
The amount available for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
The judges' decision will be final and the University reserves the right not to award the prize in the event it is considered that no work of sufficient merit has been submitted. Winning applicants please note the University of Melbourne reserves the right to publish the name of the winning applicant on its websites and other University of Melbourne publications.