The Gwenda Ford English Literature Scholarship
This scholarship will support an undergraduate or graduate student, in whose course the study of English Literature is a significant component, and who is in financial need. One or more scholarships may be offered each year.
The scholarship memorialises Gwenda Ford, BA (Melb). Mrs Ford had a lifelong passion for and involvement in literature and taught English to migrants. She was involved in many book clubs including clubs conducted by U3A, where she led a monthly book group in her home for nine years.
One or more awards may be offered from this amount
Open to undergraduate students who are in the third year of their course and are completing a major in English Literature OR to graduate coursework/research students who are undertaking a research project in English Literature.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Eligible applicants must complete:
- Online application form which includes financial assessment questions and
- Provide a brief summary of their current financial circumstances
- Note: All students, except those over 25 years of age, or those receiving the "Unreasonable to live at home" rate of Youth Allowance, should have their parents or guardians complete a Statement of Parents or Guardians Income form. You can upload this into the application form
Applications must be submitted prior to the advertised closing date