The Prue Torney Memorial Prize
Professor Susan Magarey AM, FASSA to established a postgraduate travelling scholarship/ prize in Asian Studies, in the name of the late Prue Torney who was a staff member in the school of Historical Studies before her death on 28 April 2006.
The award can be used to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, entrance fees and conference registrations, research material costs, travel insurance, per diem.
One award will be offered.
- Open annually to a female research student enrolled in a Graduate Coursework or Graduate Research program in the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies, to be used for travel to Asia to further her historical research studies.
- Students must be confirmed or have completed their formal review successfully.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Complete the online application including budget details and upload the following supporting documents:
- A statement (approx. 500 words) clearly indicating your field of research and how the award is likely to enhance your reseach project and graduate research experience
- Details of your research program, including full intinerary
- Documentary evidence of availability of archival materials at the locations you intend to visit and details of access arangements if applicable
- A statement of support from your supervisor
- Any other information to support application that may assist the committee in making its decision
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.