The Study Abroad program allows students to study at an overseas institution that does not have an exchange agreement with The University of Melbourne.
As an exchange student, you can study for a single semester or full year at one of over 118 of the University's partner institutions, in countries such as the USA, China, France, Norway, Canada, Germany, India, Singapore, Indonesia, New Zealand, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Lithuania, Ireland, Malaysia, The Netherlands, Taiwan, Mexico, Thailand, and the UK.
Melbourne Global Mobility
Melbourne Global Mobility provides support to students interested in studying overseas for part of their university degree either as an Exchange student or as a Study Abroad student. On either program you can receive credit or fulfil academic requirements for your studies overseas, if your study schedule is approved.
Scholarships for Language students
Melbourne Global Mobility offers a number of Melbourne Global Language scholarships each year.
Studying Abroad as part of your honours degree
Area specific Study Abroad and Exchange information
- Guide for students of French Studying Overseas: Exchange and Study Abroad (106kb pdf)
- The French Government offers a number of awards to young Australians wishing to take up positions as English Language assistants in secondary or primary schools in metropolitan France and elsewhere. Applicants must be Australian teachers of French, final year B.Ed. or Dip.Ed., students intending to become teachers of French, or Bachelor of Arts students majoring in French. Assistants are appointed for seven months and are required to conduct conversation classes in English. More details are available on the Embassy of France in Canberra website
- The University has an excellent exchange agreement with Moscow State University. More information can be found at Melbourne Global Mobility.
- Overseas study guide for students of German (65kb pdf)
- Exchanges to Germany and Austria: The University has exchange agreements with the following universities:
- Italian overseas study guide: So you want to go and study in Italy... (125kb pdf)
Spanish and Latin American studies
Other Study Abroad information
- Students who wish to study in France should consult the Embassy of France in Canberra website