Faculty of Arts
School of Social and Political Sciences
Governance, Chaos, Control and Complexity
- 2017 Brown, C., & Eckersley, R. Oxford Handbook of International Political Theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press (forthcoming).
- 2017 Foa, R.S., & Mounk, Y. "Democratic deconsolidation: An international perspective." Journal of Democracy (forthcoming).
- 2017 Lewis, J.M. “Governance change across policy sectors and nations.” In The Routledge Handbook of Global Public Policy and Administration, edited by T.R. Klassen, D. Cepiku & T.J. Lah, 188-197. New York: Routledge.
- 2017 Postnikov, P. "Environmental instruments in trade agreements." In External Dimension of EU Environmental Policy, edited by C. Adelle, K. Biedenkopf & D. Torney, London: Palgrave (forthcoming).
- 2016 Chin, C. "Beyond analytic and continental in contemporary political thought: Methodological pluralism in pragmatism and the situated turn." European Journal of Political Theory, 15 (2): 205-222.
- 2016 Chin, C. “Challenging Political Theory: Pluralism and Method in the Work of Bernard Williams” –a special issue of Public Reason on “Methodology in Contemporary Normative Theory”, Dec. 2016.
- 2016 Eckersley, R. "National identities, international roles and the legitimation of climate leadership: Germany and Norway compared." Environmental Politics, 25 (1): 180-201.
- 2016 Eckersley, R. "Responsibility for climate change as a structural injustice." In Oxford Handbook of Environmental Political Theory, edited by T. Gabrielson, C. Hall, J. M. Meyer & D Schlosberg, 346-361. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2016 Findlay, T. "IAEA and safeguards through a cultural lens: Power, planning and habit." Project on Managing the Atom, Belfer Center for Science and International Security, Harvard University (forthcoming).
- 2016 Findlay, T. "IAEA non-compliance reporting and the Iran case." Arms Control Today, January/February.
- 2016 Findlay, T. "Sustaining the IAEA with a grand budgetary bargain." Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, May.
- 2016 Findlay, T. "What price nuclear governance? Funding the International Atomic Energy Agency." Project on Managing the Atom, Belfer Center for Science and International Security, Harvard University, March.
- 2016 Foa, R.S., & Mounk, Y. "The danger of deconsolidation: The democratic disconnect." The Journal of Democracy, 27 (1): 5-17. Winner of the Magna Carta Prize, World Association of Public Opinion Research.
- 2016 Haines, F. & McConnell, D. “Environmental norms and electricity supply: an analysis of normative change and household solar PV in Australia.” Environmental Sociology, 2 (2): 155-165. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23251042.2016.1155690.
- 2016 Henning, C.R. & Walter, A. (Eds) "Global financial governance confronts the rising powers: Emerging perspectives on the new G20". Waterloo:Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- 2016 McCarthy, D., & Fluck, M. "The concept of transparency in International Relations: Towards a critical approach." European Journal of International Relations (in press).
- 2016 McKenzie, L. "Market power and misunderstandings: The case of EU-Australian trade diplomacy.” Australian Journal of Politics and History, 62 (2): 219-235.
- 2016 McKenzie, L. “Still a conflicted trade power? Third country perceptions, the EU’s power through trade and the case of the negotiation of the EU-Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement.” In Global Perspective on Europe, edited by B. Lundt & S. Wulk, Berlin: Lit Verlag Publishing.
- 2016 McKenzie, L., & Meissner. "Human rights conditionality in European Union trade negotiations: The case of the EU-Singapore FTA." Journal of Common Markets.
- 2016 Walter, A. “Open economy politics and international security dynamics: Explaining international cooperation in financial crises.” European Journal of International Relations, 22 (2): 289-312.
- 2015 Balaton-Chrimes, S. & Haines, F. “The Depoliticisation of Accountability Processes for Land-Based Grievances, and the IFC CAO.” Global Policy, 6 (4): 446-454.
- 2015 Chwieroth, J. & Walter, A. "Great expectations, veto players, and the changing politics of banking crises." SRC Discussion Paper, No 28. Systemic Risk Centre, The London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK.
- 2015 Chwieroth, J. & Walter, A. SRC Discussion Paper No 28, 2015. The London School of Economics and Political Science, SRC Discussion Paper, London, UK.
- 2015 Considine, M., Lewis, J.M., O’Sullivan, S. & Sol, E. Getting welfare to work: street-level governance in Australia, the UK and the Netherlands. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2015 Eckersley, R. "The common but differentiated responsibilities of States to assist and receive “climate refugees.” European Journal of Political Theory, 14 (4): 481-500.
- 2015 Findlay, T. "Proliferation alert! The IAEA and non-compliance reporting." Project on Managing the Atom, Belfer Center for Science and International Security, Harvard University, October.
- 2015 Foa, R.S., & Nemirovskaya, A. "How State capacity varies within frontier States: A multi-country subnational analysis." Governance, 29 (3): 411-432.
- 2015 Lange, B., Haines, F., &Thomas, D. Regulatory Transformations: Rethinking Economy Society Interactions. Oxford: Hart Publishing. Oñati International Series in Law and Society.
- 2015 Lewis, J.M. ‘Research policy as “carrots and sticks”: Governance strategies in Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand.’ In Varieties of governance: Dynamics, strategies, capacities, edited by G. Capano, M. Howlett, and M. Ramesh, 131-150. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2015 Walter, A. "Emerging countries and Basel III: Why is engagement still low?" CIGI Working paper, New Thinking and the new G20 Series, March.
- 2014 Chwieroth, J., Simpson, C., & Walter, A. "Networked default: Public debt, trade embeddedness, and partisan survival in democracies since 1870." SRC Discussion Paper, No 22. Systemic Risk Centre, The London School of Economics & Political Science, London, UK.
- 2014 Eckersley, R. & Christoff, P. "No island is an island: Security in a four degree world." In Four Degrees or More: Australia in a Hot World, edited by P. Christoff, 190-204. London: Routledge.
- 2014 Greenan, N., Kalugina, E., & Walkowiak, E. “Has the quality of working life Improved in the EU-15 between 1995 and 2005?” Industrial and Corporate Change, 23 (2): 399-428.
- 2014 Haines, F. “Corporate Fraud as Misplaced Confidence? Exploring ambiguity in the accuracy of accounts and the materiality of money.” Theoretical Criminology, 18 (1):20-37. doi:10.1177/1362480613502069.
- 2014 Postnikov, E. "Social standards in EU and U.S. preferential trade agreements." In Handbook of the International Political Economy of Trade, edited by D. A. Deese. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- 2014 Postnikov, E & Bastiaens, A. “Does dialogue work? The effectiveness of labor standards in EU preferential trade agreements.” Journal of European Public Policy 21 (6): 923-940.
- 2014 Turkina, E., & Postnikov, E. “From business to politics: Cross-border inter-firm networks and policy spillovers in the EU’s Eastern neighborhood.” Journal of Common Market Studies, 52 (5): 1120-1141.
- 2011 Haines, F. The Paradox of Regulation: What Regulation Can Achieve and What It Cannot. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.