How and when to apply information for domestic and international students when applying for a Masters by Coursework, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma (Advanced) or Graduate Certificate (Advanced) with either the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences or the Melbourne School of Government.
Domestic applicants are Australian citizens and permanent residents, New Zealand citizens, and holders of a permanent humanitarian visa.
To apply for a graduate program you must:
2018 Domestic students graduate coursework application dates
|Application closing date Start Year / Feb 2018|| Application closing date|
Midyear / July 2018
|Indicative assessment turn-around time*|
|Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)||31 October 2017||31 May 2018||2 - 4 weeks|
|Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM)||31 October 2017||31 May 2018||4 - 6 weeks|
|Australian Fee-paying place||9 Feb 2018||6 July 2018||2 - 4 weeks|
- * These assessment timelines are only relevant for applications received with full supporting documentation and may vary during peak periods, particularly if your application is not for the current intake
- Late CSP and/or GAM applications are not accepted
International applicants may apply in one of two ways:
- Through one of our overseas representatives. Read more information on overseas representatives; or
- Submit an online application directly to the University
Supporting documents should be submitted as follow:
- To assist the timely assessment of your application please upload your supporting documents as electronic files during your online application
- Please check the Future Students Admission and applications International graduate coursework web page for further details on closing dates, submission of supporting documents and other application instructions
2018 International graduate coursework application dates
Start Year / Semester 1 (February), 2018
International applications for Semester 1, 2018 should be submitted no later than 31 October 2017. Later international applications for Semester 1, 2018 may be accepted for some courses through until 31 December 2017.
Mid year / Semester 2 (July), 2018
International applications for Semester 2, 2018 should be submitted no later than 31 March 2018. Later international applications for Semester 2, 2018 may be accepted for some courses through until 31 May 2018.
There is not a separate application form for commencing students to apply for a scholarship. All commencing students will be automatically assessed for the relevant scholarships. Once admitted into your course however, you may make applications for the scholarships available to current students in the Faculty of Arts and the University of Melbourne.