Old French Reading Group
Professor Véronique Duché: room 511, Babel.
To be added to the mailing list for notices please email Andrew Stephenson: email@example.com.
The Group meets from 5:00-6:00, generally on the first and third Mondays of the month.
Next meeting: Monday 26 November at 4:30, just for this meeting.
Venue: Room 511, Babel Building.
We will continue the lai Lanval by Marie de France from line 159. The French Wikisource text is available online.
Please remember that no experience with French or Old French is necessary!
- The ATILF Dictionnaire (Moyen Français), with a Chrétien appendix
- Online dictionaries:
- The Anglo-Norman Dictionary (English)
- Le Dictionnaire étymologique de l'ancien français (French)
- ATILF (French) slightly later, but still good
- University of Texas Old French Online, including grammar summaries and parsed extracts from various Old French texts
Set of resources online supplied by Trinity College Dublin: The Joys of Old French web page.
Also, the Wikipedia Old French Grammar web page.