Old French Reading Group
Professor Véronique Duché: room 511, Babel.
To be added to the mailing list for notices please email Andrew Stephenson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Group meets fortnightly on Mondays from 4:30-5:30, currently on Zoom.
Next meeting: early October, to be confirmed, continuing 'La Chastelaine de Vergi' from line 635.
This will be an online video meeting via Zoom; please email email@example.com to be added to the meeting list.
Venue: Currently online.
Please remember that no experience with French or Old French is necessary!
- The ATILF Dictionnaire (Moyen Français), with a Chrétien appendix
- Online dictionaries:
- The Anglo-Norman Dictionary (English)
- Le Dictionnaire étymologique de l'ancien français (French)
- ATILF (French) slightly later, but still good
- University of Texas Old French Online, including grammar summaries and parsed extracts from various Old French texts
Set of resources online supplied by Trinity College Dublin: The Joys of Old French web page.
Also, the Wikipedia Old French Grammar web page.
Medieval French Reading Group at Ghent University
There is a Medieval French Reading Group run by Dr. Erika Graham-Goering, Senior Postdoctoral Fellow in the History Department at Ghent University. They are an informal group and preparation is not necessary. Email Erika for further details if you are interested in joining.