Old French Reading Group
Professor Véronique Duché: room 511, Babel.
To be added to the mailing list for notices please email Andrew Stephenson: email@example.com.
The Group meets from 4:30-5:30, currently fortnightly on Zoom.
Next meeting: Monday 28 September, continuing 'La Chanson de Roland' from laisse X.
There are many versions of the text available online. A convenient one is the Wikisource text, especially the bilingual version with facing text in modern French.
This will be an online video meeting via Zoom; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the meeting list.
Venue: Currently online.
Please remember that no experience with French or Old French is necessary!
- The ATILF Dictionnaire (Moyen Français), with a Chrétien appendix
- Online dictionaries:
- The Anglo-Norman Dictionary (English)
- Le Dictionnaire étymologique de l'ancien français (French)
- ATILF (French) slightly later, but still good
- University of Texas Old French Online, including grammar summaries and parsed extracts from various Old French texts
Set of resources online supplied by Trinity College Dublin: The Joys of Old French web page.
Also, the Wikipedia Old French Grammar web page.