Old French Reading Group
Professor Véronique Duché: room 511, Babel.
To be added to the mailing list for notices please email Andrew Stephenson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Group meets from 5:00-6:00, generally on the first and third Mondays of the month.
Next meeting: Monday 1 April.
Venue: Room 506, Babel Building.
We will continue the lai Laüstic by Marie de France from line 57: 'Lungement se sunt entr'amé'. The French Wikisource text is available online.
Please remember that no experience with French or Old French is necessary!
- The ATILF Dictionnaire (Moyen Français), with a Chrétien appendix
- Online dictionaries:
- The Anglo-Norman Dictionary (English)
- Le Dictionnaire étymologique de l'ancien français (French)
- ATILF (French) slightly later, but still good
- University of Texas Old French Online, including grammar summaries and parsed extracts from various Old French texts
Set of resources online supplied by Trinity College Dublin: The Joys of Old French web page.
Also, the Wikipedia Old French Grammar web page.