CCCS 2022 Seed Funding available
The Centre for Contemporary Chinese Studies (CCCS) is committed to actively supporting high quality research, teaching and engagement that furthers our understanding of China’s ongoing transformation and the impacts of this transformation within and beyond China.
The purpose of our Seed Grants is to encourage and support new research ideas, collaborations and high-quality publications by University of Melbourne staff and RHD students, with a focus on contemporary China studies.
In 2022, we will be offering a total of $16,000 towards seed funding for projects, with up to $4,000 offered for each grant.
For the 2022 round of the CCCS Seed Grants, projects that align with the Centre’s current research focuses will be prioritised, but applications for other research themes are also welcome.
CCCS current research focuses:
- China’s global engagement in the Southeast Asia and the Pacific Regions (via trade, investment, cultural and people-to-people exchange, etc.)
- Chinese diaspora, migrants and international students in Australia
- China’s civil society, social development and governance
- Chinese rural and environmental policies and development (e.g. rural revitalisation, “River-chief” water governance, and carbon neutrality initiatives, etc.)
Projects that bring together CCCS members, Early Career Researchers (ECRs) and Research Higher Degrees (RHD) students at the University of Melbourne in collaboration with scholars from other institutions are desirable, but not required.
Important dates (Melbourne time)
- Applications Open: Wednesday 30 March 2022
- Applications Close: 5pm, Wednesday 11 May 2022
- Outcomes Announced: Early June 2022
How to apply
- Please read carefully the Application Guidelines (download PDF) and submit the completed Application Form (downloaded Word) to the office of the CCCCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application must be received by 5pm Wednesday 11 May 2022 (Melbourne Time).
- Please contact us at email@example.com for any further enquiries.