Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:00 - 17:00
Co-hosted by the Transformative Technologies Research Unit (University of Melbourne) & Flinders University, this symposium examines developments in various technologies and their relationship to history.
The keynote speaker for the event is Lori Emerson, Associate Professor with a split appointment in the Department of English and the Intermedia Arts, Writing, and Performance Program at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She is also Director of the Media Archaeology Lab and writes about media poetics as well as the history of computing, media archaeology, media theory, and digital humanities. Lori Emerson will discuss her current book project titled Other Network – a network archaeology of the history of telecommunications networks that pre-date the Internet or exist outside of the Internet.
Session titles include:
- History, Materiality and Digital (Re)Imaging
- Being Digital in the 1980s
- Media Archaeology: the Technological Present and its Histories
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 83446851
- URL: http://www.transformative-technologies.net/event/technologieshistories-symposium/
G21 , Alan Gilbert Theatre 1, Grattan Street