We’re proud to be the premier graduate school for Arts and Humanities at Australia’s #1 university
(QS World Rankings by Subject 2023; Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023)
Facts and figures
- The QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023 rank us
- #1 in Australia for Arts and Humanities
- #1 in Australia for Social Sciences and Management
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 rank us as Australia's
- #1 university
- and in the QS Graduate Employability 2022 rankings we're
- #8 in the world for graduate employability
A message from the Director
At the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, you'll be exposed to the latest academic research and thinking on the ways in which the humanities and social sciences can contribute to the wellbeing of individuals and societies.
Drawing students from around the globe, the Graduate School is a dynamic and diverse learning and research community. We offer a suite of graduate programs in which you will develop the knowledge and skills to influence lives and events at both local and global levels.
Our specialised School combines the opportunity to acquire a graduate degree, to undertake industry placements and the possibility of undertaking an extensive research project that may lead to research higher degree studies.
Our graduates go on to find success in a range of careers in the private, non-government and government sectors in the diverse fields of social and political engagement, media and communications, and cultural management.
The Graduate School offers a remarkable intellectual and international community which we invite you to join. I look forward to welcoming you to the School soon.
– Associate Professor Delia Lin, Director, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Study with us
Do you want to join our international community of future thought leaders? Explore our diverse range of programs in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.