Katy graduated from the University of Canberra in 1998, with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree (Conservation of Cultural Materials), specialising in the conservation of paper. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts, with Honours in Fine Arts, from the University of Melbourne (1995).
Katy was the Art Foundation Conservator of Paper at the National Gallery of Victoria from 1999-2002 and has also been employed by the National Archives and the State Library of Victoria for short periods. She has worked at GCCMC since 2003. Her particular interests and areas of experience include digital prints, photography and printmaking. She has participated in two AICCM Photon Workshops, ‘Advanced Photographic Conservation Techniques’ (2003) and ‘Conservation of Colour Photography and Digital Prints’ (2002).
From 2012-2015 Katy lived in Beirut, Lebanon, working as a freelance conservator. During this time she undertook projects with the Arab Image Foundation, the Fouad Debbas Collection and the Nicholas Sursock Museum.
Professional member, Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM)
- 2011 FAIC/NEH Scholarship
- 2000 Ian Potter Foundation Travel Grant
Journal articles (*Refereed Journals)
- Glen, K. 2000 'An Introduction to Non-Impact Prints,’ First National Symposium. Conservation of Paper, Books and Photographic Materials, March 23-25 2000, AICCM, pp. 154 – 161.
- Glen, K. 2012 ‘Pressure-sensitive tapes on photographs – FAIC Collaborative Workshop in Photograph Conservation’AICCM National Newsletter, No. 120, March 2012, pp. 6-7.
- Glen, K. 2004 ‘Book Review: A Guide to Preventive Conservation of Photograph Collections (Bertrand Lavendrine, Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles 2003),’ AICCM National Newsletter, No. 90, March 2004.
- Glen, K. 2001 ‘Review: New Possibilities for Paper, 12-15 July 2001, University of the Sunshine Coast,’ AICCM National Newsletter, No. 80, September 2001.
- Glen, K. 2001 ‘Review: Preservation and Conservation Issues Related to Digital Printing and Understanding the Photograph Album – Report on a Study Trip to London and Florence,’ AICCM National Newsletter, No. 78, March 2001.
- Glen, K. 2002 ‘Demystifying Digital Prints’ at the AICCM National Symposium, Conservation of Paper, Books and Photographic Materials, Melbourne, April 2002.
- Glen, K. 2015, presentation at the MEPPI (Middle East Photographic Preservation Initiative) workshop, 'Developing an Emergency Plan at the Arab Image Foundation,' American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, November 2015.
- Glen, K. 2013, presentation at the networking meeting of the Modern Heritage Observatory, 'Photograph Preservation,' Arab Image Foundation, Beirut, Lebanon, September 2013.
- Glen, K. 2003, presentation at forum ‘Digital Photography: Conservation and Collecting,’ Centre for Contemporary Photography, Melbourne 2003.
- Glen, K. and Shellard, S. 2001, ‘Conservation of the Digital Image’, New Possibilities for Paper Conference, University of Sunshine Coast, Qld, July 2001.