Current graduate students and resources
Information for current students including our Conservation student resources on CANVAS, our intensive teaching subject timetable, modes of delivery and useful links.
Conservation student resources on CANVAS
Up to date subject information and notification of events
After students enrol in any subject, you will obtain automatic access to our Canvas online learning system titled ‘COM_000184 Conservation student resources’. This is a community that all conservation students have access to. Here we post Grimwade Centre procedures, our COVIDSafe plan, up to date information and student or other events. Make sure you log onto this regularly and set up your notifications to receive announcements via your student email (see Can I customise my Canvas notifications?)
Our 2022 teaching and delivery modes
All of our teaching is taught intensively with one subject at a time. This includes a pre-teaching, teaching and assessment period. In 2022 we will run a mix of online only and dual-delivery on campus and online sessions.
The COVID-19 vaccination (or valid exemption) is a requirement for anyone attending our campuses. to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our community. Please ensure you validate your vaccination information before you attend campus for the first time. Wearing a mask is currently required for everyone aged 8 and above in all indoor settings in Victoria (unless an exception applies).
First year Semester 1 2022 subjects: Dual delivery: On campus and online.
Second year Semester 1 subjects: some online and on campus: see the subject timetables
We are continuing to support our students, offer the best possible experiences and engage with students, communities and the profession in new ways. Ensure you check the University update regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) for recent updates and the dedicated pages for students and subject delivery modes. See the Conservation student Resources community LMS for Grimwade centre-specific information.
New student local induction
- Prizes, Scholarships and Funding schemes
- Human ethics: Information on the ethics procedures for the University
- University Ethics Committees (including Human Research Ethics)
- Cultural materials conservation library guide
- Conservation Student Resources community on Canvas LMS (for enrolled students only)
- Our School, the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
- The Master of Cultural Materials Conservation course in the University Handbook
- University Apps for mobile devices (including Unisafe; Snap, Send, Solve; and Lost on Campus)
- Chemical Management: Guidance Material Index
- Chemical Management Guidelines (1.8Mb pdf)
- Safety topics
- Health and Safety contacts
- The Health and Safety Processes, policies and forms web page
- Where to find Material Safety Data Sheets on the Internet
- Grimwade Centre OHS procedures
Student Conservators at the University of Melbourne (SC@M)
SC@M is a student-run committee that supports the conservation community, creates events and provides leadership opportunities. It also acts as a point of contact between students and staff involved in the University of Melbourne's Masters of Cultural Material Conservation. Further details ...