Information for current students including our Conservation student resources on CANVAS, our intensive teaching subject timetable, modes of delivery and useful links.
Our 2021 student timetable
Conservation Student Resources on CANVAS
Up to date subject information and notification of events
After students enrol in any subject, you will obtain automatic access to our Canvas online learning system titled ‘COM_000184 Conservation student resources’. This is a community that all conservation students have access to. Here we post Grimwade Centre procedures, our COVIDSafe plan, up to date information and student or other events. Make sure you log onto this regularly and set up your notifications to receive announcements via your student email (see Can I customise my Canvas notifications?)
Our 2021 teaching and delivery modes
All of our teaching is taught intensively with one subject at a time. This includes a pre-teaching, teaching and assessment period. In 2021 we will run a mix of online and on campus sessions. This will include online lectures, online seminars (when suitable) and on campus classes for practical sessions. Some of these practical sessions are in groups and will be scheduled via the handbook timetable or CANVAS when the pre-teaching period opens.
Starting semester 1, the subjects CUMC90026 Professional Practices and CUMC90027 Respect will be online. CUMC90028 Introduction to Treatment and CUMC90029 Preventive Conservation will be dual delivery of online lectures and recorded video demonstrations, and on campus practical sessions.
If circumstances change and as borders are closed, we have developed Practical Working at Home guidelines for some of our practical sessions should the need arise.
We are continuing to support our students, offer the best possible experiences and engage with students, communities and the profession in new ways. Ensure you check the University update regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) for recent updates and the dedicated pages for students and subject delivery modes.
- Prizes, Scholarships and Funding schemes
- Human ethics: Information on the ethics procedures for the University
- University Ethics Committees (including Human Research Ethics)
- Cultural materials conservation library guide
- Conservation Student Resources community on Canvas LMS (for enrolled students only)
- Our School, the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
- The Master of Cultural Materials Conservation course in the University Handbook
- University Apps for mobile devices (including Unisafe; Snap, Send, Solve; and Lost on Campus)