The Asia Pacific Tropical Climate Conservation Art Research Network is a collaborative effort to explore the history and preservation of twentieth-century cultural material in Asia and the Pacific.
APTCCARN comprises of a group of researchers whose work is informed by art historical research, art curatorial practice and conservation and scientific inquiry. APTCCARN provides a forum for the identification and discussion of research focusing on the conservation and scientific analysis of 20th century cultural materials in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Promotes initiatives between partners and other researchers and research groups
- Conducts training projects and develops training resources
- Undertakes regionally relevant research projects
- Develops web-based dissemination of projects outcomes
- Holds APTCCARN events
- Members are committed to the broad dissemination of research outcomes and findings in order to increase understanding and appreciation of modern and contemporary art in Asia-Pacific
- 5th APTCCARN Forum 'Natural disasters and cultural heritage in the Philippines: Knowledge sharing, decision making and conservation', Tagbilaran City and Towns on the island of Bohol, the Philippines with National Museum of the Philippines (NMP), Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SEAMEO SPAFA), Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, 4-6 April 2017
- Embracing Cultural Materials Conservation in the Tropics: The 4th APTCCCARN Meeting: 25-27 November 2015, Conservation Center, Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan. For more information please visit the Embracing Cultural Materials Conservation in the Tropics conference website
- The Conservation of Material Culture in Tropical Climates: The 3rd Asia Pacific Twentieth Century Conservation Art Network (APTCCARN) Meeting at Silpakorn University, Thailand from Monday 23 April to Wednesday 25 April 2012. For more information please visit the archived Twentieth Century in Paint website
- Panel presentation on 'Twentieth Century Southeast Asian Works of Art: Materials Choices and Behaviour' at the Association of Asian Studies and International Convention of Asian Studies Meeting, 31 March to 3 April 2011, Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu
- Online web portals for Art Conservation and Curatorial Research Workshop. Monday 23rd March and Tuesday 24th March 2009
- Inaugural APTCCARN Meeting. 20th Century Art Conservation Research Public Symposium, Balai Seni Lukis Negara (National Art Gallery Malaysia), Wednesday 11th June 2008