The LTRC provides services in the evaluation of language programs, including bilingual, English as a Second Language, and foreign language programs in schools, colleges and universities.
We also offer consultancies to evaluate tests and assessment systems used in educational and occupational contexts.
- Evaluation of an English language skills test for non-English background speaking students wishing to enrol in Australian secondary schools. For: Australian Education Assessment Services, Melbourne
- Evaluation of assessment system for diploma course leading to accelerated university entry by international students. For: Insearch, University of Technology, Sydney
- Evaluation of locally-developed assessment tasks used to assess performance of adult learners of English against the national reporting system standards framework. For: Verification Australia
- Evaluation of the Australian Defence Force English Language Proficiency Scale (ADFELPS). For: Australian Defence Force.
- Evaluation of the first-year examination for the Intensive Japanese Program. For: the University of Melbourne.
- Evaluations of bilingual programs in primary and secondary schools in Victoria:
- Indonesian bilingual program - Benalla East Primary School
- Arabic-English bilingual program - Bayside Secondary College
- Chinese-English bilingual program - Abbotsford Primary School
- Chinese/Vietnamese-English bilingual program - Westall Secondary College
- Chinese-English bilingual program - Richmond West Primary School
- Japanese bilingual program - Caulfield Primary School
- Evaluation of three different program types in indigenous and community schools:
- Aboriginal and Khmer language programs - Western Australia
- Arabic program - New South Wales
- Italian and Chinese programs - Victoria
- Evaluation of the Bridging the Gap (BTG) literacy intervention program (for 'at risk' students in years 5-8). For: DEET, at 159 schools in country Victoria