Volume 10, Issue 2, 2021
- Barrows, Jacob G. and Cox, Troy L. The effect of prompt accent on elicited imitation assessments in English as a second language
- Burton, Dylan J. The face of communication breakdown: Multimodal repair in L2 oral proficiency interviews
- Salaberry, M.R. and Burch, A.R. (Eds.) Assessing Speaking in Context: Expanding the Construct and its Applications. Reviewed by Ying Chen and Qi Lu.
- Dimova, S., Yan, X. and Ginther, A. Local Language Testing: Design, Implementation and Development. Reviewed by Michelle Czajkowski.
Volume 10, Issue 1, 2021
SPECIAL ISSUE: Negotiating tensions between language assessment policies and practices: the role of the language testing professional: A celebration of 30 years of work at the University of Melbourne’s Language Testing Research Centre (1990-2020)
- Front matter and Introduction
Introduction by Guest Editor Cathie Elder
Language testing within policy contexts: Conceptual and instrumental challenges by Tim McNamara
- Elder, Cathie. Towards ‘policy responsible’ language assessment: Framing the Language Testing Research Centre’s contribution in languages other than English
- Knoch, Ute. The challenges of providing expert advice in policy contexts
- Macqueen, Susy., Pill, John., Knoch, Ute. Trust the test: Score-user perspectives on the roles of language tests in professional registration and skilled migration
- Frost, Kellie. Negotiating the boundaries of responsibility: Rethinking test takers and the ethics of testing
- Lo Bianco, Joe. The Generations: Research and Application at the LTRC
- Fan, J. The Development and Validation of Standards in Language Testing. Reviewed by Yan Jin.
- Knoch, U and Macqueen, S. Assessing English for Professional Purposes. Reviewed by Kathryn Hill.