SiLA current issue
Volume 11, Issue 2, 2022
- Uludag, Pakize., McDonough, Kim and Trofimovich, Pavel. Exploring shared and individual assessment of paired oral interactions
- Liu, Tingting and Aryadoust, Vahid. The effect of in-class and one-on-one video feedback on EFL learners’ English public speaking competency and anxiety
- Glasson, Nicholas. Is the devil you know better? Testwiseness and eliciting evidence of interactional competence in familiar versus unfamiliar triadic speaking tasks
- Akgün, Hatice & Ünaldı, Aylin. Investigating cognitive processes in different item formats in reading tests through eye-tracking and verbal protocols
- Hilden, Raili., Pulkkinen, Jonna & Rautopuro, Juhani. The meaningfulness of two curriculum-based national tests of English as a foreign language
- College English Test–Spoken English Test (CET-SET)
Reviewed by Lin Zhang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Volume 11, Issue 1, 2022
SPECIAL ISSUE: Contextualising language assessment literacy
- Front matter and Introduction
Introduction by Guest Editors Dina Tsagari and Karin Vogt
- Vogt, Karin and Tsagari, Dina. Language assessment literacy and test validation:
Highlighting the role of language teachers
- Hill, Kathryn and Ducasse, Ana Maria. Contextual variables in written assessment feedback in a university-level Spanish program
- Kvasova,Olga., Shevchenko, Taras., Hnapovska, Lyudmyla., Kalinichenko, Vira and Budas, Iuliia. Implications of training university teachers in developing local writing rating scales
- Zabala Delgado, Julia and Rodriguez, Cristina. Language assessment literacy of language teachers in the context of adult education in Spain
- Shahzadi, Amina & Ducasse, Ana María. Language assessment literacy of teachers in an English medium of instruction university: Implications for ELT training in Pakistan
- Bøhn, Henrik & Tsagari, Dina. Language assessment literacy: Understanding the construct from Norwegian EFL teachers’ perspective
- Gebril, A. (Eds.) Learning-Oriented Language Assessment: Putting Theory into Practice.
Reviewed by Armin Berger.
Volume 10, Issue 2, 2021
- Barrows, Jacob G. and Cox, Troy L. The effect of prompt accent on elicited imitation assessments in English as a second language
- Burton, Dylan J. The face of communication breakdown: Multimodal repair in L2 oral proficiency interviews
- Salaberry, M.R. and Burch, A.R. (Eds.) Assessing Speaking in Context: Expanding the Construct and its Applications. Reviewed by Ying Chen and Qi Lu.
- Dimova, S., Yan, X. and Ginther, A. Local Language Testing: Design, Implementation and Development. Reviewed by Michelle Czajkowski.
Volume 10, Issue 1, 2021
SPECIAL ISSUE: Negotiating tensions between language assessment policies and practices: the role of the language testing professional: A celebration of 30 years of work at the University of Melbourne’s Language Testing Research Centre (1990-2020)
- Front matter and Introduction
Introduction by Guest Editor Cathie Elder
Language testing within policy contexts: Conceptual and instrumental challenges by Tim McNamara
- Elder, Cathie. Towards ‘policy responsible’ language assessment: Framing the Language Testing Research Centre’s contribution in languages other than English
- Knoch, Ute. The challenges of providing expert advice in policy contexts
- Macqueen, Susy., Pill, John., Knoch, Ute. Trust the test: Score-user perspectives on the roles of language tests in professional registration and skilled migration
- Frost, Kellie. Negotiating the boundaries of responsibility: Rethinking test takers and the ethics of testing
- Lo Bianco, Joe. The Generations: Research and Application at the LTRC
- Fan, J. The Development and Validation of Standards in Language Testing. Reviewed by Yan Jin.
- Knoch, U and Macqueen, S. Assessing English for Professional Purposes. Reviewed by Kathryn Hill.