Exchange Enabling Scholarships are now open
The Faculty of Arts Exchange Enabling Scholarships are now open for both graduate and undergraduate students who may not be able have an overseas study experience due to specific circumstances. Applications close 28 June 2019.
These scholarships, worth up to $5,000, provide funding to students in the Faculty who might not be able to consider an overseas experience because of financial constraints or those who could benefit from additional financial support to enhance their experience.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have received approval to study overseas on study abroad or in a University of Melbourne subject with an overseas component; and
- be experiencing social, educational or financial disadvantage, such as:
- have a disadvantaged financial background
- from a rural area or under-represented school
- experiencing difficult circumstances
- have a disability or medical condition; or
- are an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander. The status of Indigenous Australians must be confirmed by the Murrup Barak Melbourne Institute for Indigenous Development.
- Funding will be assessed and awarded on a needs basis. We will consider applicants under the categories of disability, low socio-economic status, Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander and/or difficult personal circumstance. Applicants are required to provide supporting documentation that attests to the disadvantage experienced, such as Centerlink statements or medical certificates.