Papers published by RUMACCC researchers in academic journals.
- Hamzah, Mohd Hilmi, Hajek, John and Fletcher, Janet. 2018. "Non-durational acoustic correlates of word-initial consonant gemination in Kelantan Malay: The potential roles of amplitude and f0," in Journal of the International Phonetic Association, pp. 1-38. doi:10.1017/S0025100318000142
- Hughson, Jo-anne, Daly, Justin Oliver, Woodward-Kron, Robyn, Hajek, John and Story, David. 2018. "The rise of pregnancy apps and the implications for culturally and linguistically diverse women: Narrative review, " in JMIR mHealth and uHealth 6(11):e189, doi: 10.2196/mhealth.9119.
- Mason, Shannon and Hajek, John. 2018. "Language education and language ideologies in Australian print media," in Applied Linguistics, doi.org/10.1093/applin/amy052.
- Slaughter, Yvette, Smith, Wally and Hajek, John. 2018. "Video-conferencing and the networked provision of language programs in regional and rural schools," in ReCALL, 1-14 doi: 10.1017/S0958344018000101.
- Tsukada, Kimiko, Cox, Felicity, Hajek, John and Hirata, Yukari. 2017. "Non-native Japanese learners' perception of consonant length in Japanese and Italian," in Second Language Research 34(2), pp. 179-200, doi: 10.1177/0267658317719494.
- Williams-van Klinken, Catharina and Hajek, John. 2018. "Language contact and functional expansion in Tetun Dili: The evolution of a new press register." in Multilingua 37(6), pp. 613-647, doi: 10.1515/multi-2017-0109
- Williams-van Klinken, Catharina and Hajek, John, 2018. "Mixing numeral systems in Timor-Leste." in NUSA: Linguistic studies of languages in and around Indonesia, 64, pp. 65-94, doi:10.5281/zenodo.1450774.
- Hughson, Jo-anne, Marshall, Fiona, Daly, Justin Oliver, Woodward-Kron, Robyn, Hajek, John and Story, David. 2017. "Health professionals' views on health literacy issues for culturally and linguistically diverse women in maternity care: barriers, enablers and the need for an integrated approach," in Australian Health Review 42(1), pp. 10-20, doi:10.1071/AH17067.
- Nilsson, Jenny, Norrby, Catrin, Lindström, Jan and Wide, "Camilla. 2017. "Hälsningsfrasers sociala värde i sverigesvenskt och finlandssvenskt talspråk" ["The social value of greetings in spoken Sweden Swedish and Finland Swedish"], in Swedish Dialects and Folk Traditions = Svenska landsmål och svenskt folkliv, 2016, pp. 136–167
- Brohy, Claudine and Schüpbach, Doris. 2016. "Protection des minorités ou promotion du plurilinguisme? Droits linguistiques, politique et pratiques dans deux villes bilingues suisses" ["Protecting of minorities or promoting multilingualism? Language rights, policies and practices in two bilingual cities in Switzerland"] in Droit et Cultures 72, pp. 181-226
- Formentelli, Maicol and Hajek, John. 2016. "Address practices in academic interactions in a pluricentric language: Australian English, American English and British English," in Pragmatics 26(4), pp. 631-652
- Hughson, Jo-anne, Woodward-Kron, Robyn, Parker, Anna, Hajek, John, Bresin, Agnese, Knoch, Ute, Phan, Tuong Dien and Story David. 2016. "A review of approaches to improve participation of culturally and linguistically diverse populations in clinical trials," in Trials 17(1)
- Woodward-Kron, Robyn, Hughson, Jo-anne, Parker, Anna, Bresin, Agnese, Hajek, John, Knoch, Ute, Phan, Tuong Dien and Story, David. 2016. "Culturally and linguistically diverse populations in medical research: perceptions and experiences of older Italians, their families, ethics administrators and researchers," in Journal of Public Health Research 5(1), pp. 43-51
- Nelson, Marie, Henricson, Sofie, Norrby, Catrin, Wide, Camilla, Lindström, Jan and Nilsson, Jenny. 2015. "Att dela språk men inte samtalsmönster. Återkoppling i sverigesvenska och finlandssvenska handledningssamtal" ["To share a language but not interactional patterns. Feedback in Sweden-Swedish and Finland-Swedish supervision meetings"] in Folkmålsstudier 53, pp. 141–166
- Norrby, Catrin Wide, Camilla, Lindström, Jan and Nilsson, Jenny. 2015. "Interpersonal relationships in medical consultations. Comparing Sweden Swedish and Finland Swedish address practices," in Journal of Pragmatics 84, pp. 121-138
- Hajek, John and Slaughter, Yvette. 2014. "RUMACCC, helping to understand and support languages education," in Languages Victoria 18, pp. 40-42
- Lagerberg, Robert, Kretzenbacher, Heinz L. and Hajek, John. 2014. "Forms and patterns of address in Russian: Recent research and future directions," in Australian Slavonic and East European Studies 28, pp. 179-209
- Norrby, Catrin, Wide, Camilla, Lindström, Jan and Nilsson, Jenny. 2014. "Finns det nationella svenska kommunikationsmönster? Tilltal i läkare-patientsamtal i Sverige och Finland" ["Are there national Swedish communicative patterns? Address in medical consultations in Sweden and Finland"] in Nordica Helsingiensia 37, pp. 343-352
- Clyne, Michael, Cordella, Marisa, Schüpbach, Doris, and Maher, Brigid. 2013. "Connecting younger second-language learners and older bilinguals: Interconnectedness and social inclusion," in International Journal of Multilingualism 10(4), pp. 375-393
- Kretzenbacher, Heinz L., Hajek John, Lagerberg, Robert and Bresin, Agnese. 2013. "Address forms in language contact and language conflict: The curious history and remnants of onikáni in Czech," in Australian Slavonic and East European Studies 27, pp. 87-103
- Musgrave, Simon and Hajek, John. 2013. "Minority language speakers as migrants: some preliminary observations on the Sudanese community in Melbourne," in International Journal of Multilingualism 10, pp. 394-410
- Hajek, John, Nettelbeck, Colin and Woods, Anya. 2012. "Re-professionalizing the profession: countering juniorization and casualization in the tertiary sector," in Journal of Local-Global 9, pp. 60-75
- Norrby, Catrin and Warren, Jane. 2012. "Address practices and social relationships in European languages," in Language and Linguistics Compass 6(4), pp 225-235
- Kretzenbacher, Heinz L. 2011. "Perceptions of national and regional standards of addressing in Germany and Austria," in Pragmatics 21(1), pp. 69-83