- Digital Workshop (Multi-purpose room)
- Digital Lab (Conference facility and research laboratory)
- Collaborative spaces with videoconferencing and recording facilities
- An exhibition space with wall and floor projection
- 2 immersive rooms with 180º screens
- Informal project spaces
- Zeta book scanner
Project space and equipment can be booked by signing up to the Digital Studio Booking System.
Public event bookings are requested to provide a banner image and a short description to assist in promotion; and also to indicate if the Digital Studio may take photos at the event for our social media pages.
New users or bookings for large amounts of space are encouraged to email the Digital Studio to first discuss their needs, particularly with regards to technological support.
Digital Workshop (Multi-purpose room)
This room is suitable for collaboration or small lectures/seminars. It seats 20 people around two large tables
- 2 video projectors - one per table (Can show different content or mirror displays, interactive whiteboard stylus available on request)
- White boards (3)
- 12 keypad lockers
- Power supply (4 outlets) for each table
Digital Lab (Conference Facility and Research Laboratory)
This flexible room seats 30 people and is suitable for conferences, lectures, group meetings and collaboration. All tables and chairs can be reconfigured or moved.
- 1 large projection screen, 3 small projection screens (all can show independent content or mirror). 3 smaller projection screens can be activated as interactive whiteboards on request
- Two large screens on trolleys also available
- Power outlets hanging from ceiling
- Two control panels at either end of the room
- Mobile lectern with projector connection
Collaborative spaces with video-conferencing and recording facilities
These rooms are suitable for small meetings and project work. Collaborative Rooms I and II can be combined into one larger room.
All rooms are equipped for video conferencing, using webcams and sound inputs controlled from the PC. Rooms I and III can produce and store video and audio recordings.
211: Collaborative Room I
212: Collaborative Room II
306: Collaborative Room III
307: Collaborative Room IV
An exhibition space with wall and floor projection
- Portable control panel
- Three digital signage players projected on wall (also two LCD screens in e-teaching area)
- Floor projection
- 8-channel audio, can be broken into three zones
- 20 x headphones, can be connected to portable pack or 8-channel audio
Two immersive rooms with 180° screens
Immersive Space I
- Display one single image, or two overlapping
- Connect two laptops
- Two USB extenders to the rack PCs
Immersive Space II
- Display two images side-by-side
- Otherwise same setup as Immersive Space I
Informal project spaces
- 6 sets - 4 powerpoints, 4 USB ports, 2 ethernet ports
- 2 sets - 2 round tables, 4 chairs
- 5 x 2-person couches with 2 small round tables
- 1 x orange couch with powerpoint and USB port
Zeta book scanner
It's easy to scan historical and new books, magazines, files, ring binders, contracts, balance sheets and more. Delivering high-quality data with the highest resolution quickly, the Zeta allows staff and students to output to print, email, USB, ftp or the cloud.