Hosted in room 306 of the Digital Studio, the UoM Incubator provides the team, structure, frameworks and capability so great ideas and tested prototypes can progress quickly and find a home within their existing UoM portfolios.
What is the UoM Digital Incubator?
In short, the UoM Digital Incubator is a collaborative initiative led by Chancellery, Digital and Data with the intention to:
- Create a Proof of Concept environment for rapid prototyping
- Bring to life ideas and insights from anywhere across UoM
- Use agile development and user-centric design approach
- The focus is on progress over perfection and creating a safe environment to explore, prototype, develop and iterate ideas
Why do we need it?
- UoM has collected plenty of discovery and insights with limited capacity to act on them quickly
- University wide challenges are recognised when attempting to do smaller scale innovation and discovery activities
- Many UoM processes are set for large investments, but lack flexibility for smaller initiatives
- The cost of PoC activities is still high and not becoming more efficient
The Incubator as a response
- The UoM Digital Incubator fills in a gap for smaller size, discovery-oriented activities to come to life
- It is focused on quick testing of new and innovative concepts
- It provides an avenue for UoM teams to use experienced digital product designers and developers
- Who can create a prototype solution for the challenge or opportunity they or their users are facing
- Without extended wait period to kick off the process
- And create a validated pathway to make some of these solutions production-ready