Italian Australian Foundation Bursary
- 8th Jan 2018
- 4th Mar 2018
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Honours
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
Through the support of the Italian Australian Foundation, in 2015 the Faculty of Arts in conjunction with the School of Languages and Linguistics, launched the Italian Australian Foundation Bursaries.
The bursaries are to encourage research on Italian language, history and/or culture by students who are disadvantaged and in financial need.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Australian citizens of Italian descent* as specified by the donor whose focus is to advance the education of Australian residents who are of Italian descent. However, all Australian residents or citizens who fit the eligibility criteria are invited to apply.
* Italian descent is defined as being able to trace Italian ancestry within three generations on at least one side of the family.
From amongst eligible applicants, the scholarships will be awarded to the students most disadvantaged in their academic work by financial need.
Several awards will be offered from this amount
To be eligible to apply applicants must be:
- an Australian permanent resident or citizen
- enrolled or enrolling in an undergraduate or fourth year (honours) course in the Faculty of Arts that involves the study of Italian language, history and/or culture
- disadvantaged in their academic work by financial need.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Eligible applicants must complete:
- the Financial Aid Assessment (If you have already completed a previous financial aid application this will show up when you login. Simply update your details and submit the application again. When you submit, you will receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been received.)
- the online application form (via the link below) which requires a 300-500 word statement outlining how the scholarship would impact your life and assist with your studies and the documents uploaded as outlined below:
- Students who are under 25 years of age who are who are financially dependent on their parents/ guardians should have their parents or guardians complete a Statement of Parents or Guardians Income form
- Copy of Australian residency or citizenship
- If applicable, proof of Italian descent
Both applications (financial aid assessment and the application via the link below) must be submitted prior to the advertised closing date.