Italian Australian Foundation Travel Scholarship
- 28th May 2018
- 30th Jul 2018
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Honours, Graduate coursework, Graduate research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
Through the support of the Italian Australian Foundation, in 2015 the Faculty of Arts in conjunction with the School of Languages and Linguistics, launched the Italian Australian Foundation Travel Scholarships.
From amongst eligible applicants, the scholarships will be awarded to the students most disadvantaged in their academic work by financial need.
Several scholarships are awarded from this amount.
Open to disadvantaged undergraduate students enrolled or enrolling in Contemporary Italy Study Abroad (ITAL20004; ITAL30005) or, subject to the satisfaction of the selection committee, to other disadvantaged students enrolled in a BA or postgraduate course in the Faculty of Arts who wish to travel for the purpose of formal study of Italian language, culture and/or heritage. Normally, eligible undergraduate students should be enrolled in an Italian Studies major or Diploma in Languages in Italian Studies.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Australian citizens of Italian descent* as specified by the donor whose focus is to advance the education of Australian residents who are of Italian descent. However, all Australian residents or citizens who fit the eligibility criteria are invited to apply.
* Italian descent is defined as being able to trace Italian ancestry within three generations on at least one side of the family.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Eligible applicants must complete:
- the Financial Aid Assessment (If you have already completed a previous financial aid application this will show up when you login. Simply update your details and submit the application again. When you submit, you will receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been received.)
- the online application form (via the link below) which requires a 300-500 word statement outlining how the scholarship would impact your life and assist with your studies and the documents uploaded as outlined below:
- All students, except those over 25 years of age, or those receiving the "unreasonable to live at home" rate of Youth Allowance, should have their parents or guardians complete a Statement of Parents or Guardians Income form
- Certified copy of Australian residency or citizenship
- If Applicable, proof of Italian descent
Both applications (financial aid assessment and the application via the link below) must be submitted prior to the advertised closing date.