Dean’s PhD International Scholarship Awards
- 9th Oct 2018
- 31st Oct 2018
- Study level
- Graduate research
- Enrolment status
- Future student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
The Faculty of Arts is at the forefront of teaching and research in the languages, humanities and social sciences fields in Australia. As Australia’s premier Arts faculty, we provide an exciting, high-quality intellectual environment that attracts the best PhD candidates and academic staff across our disciplines.
The Faculty of Arts maintains strong connections with leading international universities through research collaborations and student exchange programs, and nurtures relationships with government, not-for- profit and private organisations through student internship placements, research projects and community engagement.
The purpose of these prestigious awards is to support excellent PhD candidates whose study with the Faculty furthers strategic objectives such as building partnerships with selected universities, and strengthening areas of research priority identified by Schools.
Up to a total value of $15,000
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Arts.
- be a new applicant (current graduate researchers are not eligible).
- be an international student.
- have secured a Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship or an external scholarship or sponsorship.
- Early career academic staff employed in universities with which the Faculty has partnerships, particularly in China, India and Indonesia, or
- Applicants whose research aligns with strategic priorities identified by Schools, such as building on the international dimensions of existing research strengths.
This scholarship is subject to the Graduate Research Scholarships Terms & Conditions
Number of Scholarships
Applicants will be notified by the end of December.
If you have applied for Doctor of Philosophy (Arts) by the 31st October for commencement in the following year, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship.