Gilbert Postdoctoral Career Development Fellowships
- 15th Oct 2018
- 12th Nov 2018
- Enrolment status
- University Trust Record
Graduates of a PhD in History
Fostering the career development of recently completed PhD students in History, the Gilbert Postdoctoral Career Development Fellowships are valued at $2,000 each. Successful applicants will be allocated an academic mentor over a three-month period. The fellowships aim to:
- Enhance the recipient’s research track record by supporting the development of their PhD research so that it is suitable for publication as a journal article, book chapter or book.
- Encourage future applications for ARC DECRA Awards for postdoctoral research.
Up to two fellowships valued at $2000 each and mentoring from a senior academic.
Open to applicants who have completed a PhD in the SHAPS History program after 1 June 2016.
Full-time academic employees are ineligible.
Once awarded, the timing of the Gilbert Postdoctoral Career Development Fellowships will be negotiated between the recipient and the committee.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days;
- Write two letters of appreciation to their donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion);
- Recipients must submit a one-page report on their progress in developing their research and indented DECRA application that meets Committee satisfaction at the end of the mentoring period.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Complete the online application form including:
- An overview of your writing project and intended publication outlets;
- A CV (including publications to date);
- An indication of when you intend to apply for an ARC DECRA, and the proposed topic; and
- An academic reference (short reference addressing capacity to undertake publication goals in the three-month time period).
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.