Melbourne Global Languages Scholarships
- 1st Feb 2019
- 1st Apr 2019
- Study level
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- University Trust Record
Round 1: Travelling to study between May to October 2019
Round 2: Travelling to study between November 2019 to April 2020
- Study Area
Each year a limited number of scholarships are awarded to high achieving undergraduate and graduate language students to support language-enriching study at overseas institutions. These scholarships are designed to assist with the costs of undertaking intensive study programs of reasonable length, or semester/year-long exchanges.
Exchange students please note: the application process for Melbourne Global Languages Scholarship is separate from the Exchange process.
Important information for 2019 applications
This scholarship is open for applications twice per year.
Please note: Check that your proposed study takes place in the travel period in the application round in which you are applying.
|Timelines||Round 1||Round 2|
OPEN 1 February 2019|
CLOSE 1 April 2019
OPEN 12 June 2019|
CLOSE 28 August 2019
|For travel period||May - October 2019||November 2019 - April 2020|
|Outcome notification||By 18 April 2019||By 18 September 2019|
Awards will be made only for courses that can be credited to a University of Melbourne degree or diploma. Students must obtain School and Faculty approval to credit their chosen overseas course to their degree. Please see a Discipline Advisor and Stop 1 to have your application form approved.
The funding value of the scholarships ranges from $1500 to $7000 for programs between 3 weeks and a year in duration, depending on the country of destination and/or the length of the proposed program of study. Intensive study programs will be taken into consideration.
The criteria for applying for a Melbourne Global Languages Scholarship are:
- Be enrolled in a UoM degree or diploma during the scholarship application round
- Graduate students must have completed 50 points in their enrolled course
- Undergraduate students must have completed 100 points in their enrolled course (Students must have completed 50 points of modern language study at UoM or through approved complementary language subjects at other institutions which are credit against the enrolled degree or diploma)
- Be currently enrolled in a language subject as per their overseas study target language at the time of application
- The target language to be studied must be a native language to the intended country of exchange or study abroad
- The proposed overseas program of study must be equivalent to at least 12.5 points delivered in the target language and be credit bearing towards the currently enrolled UoM course
- Overseas programs shorter than a semester in duration must be of an intensive delivery mode
- The overseas study program must be approved by the Faculty and University
- The student must have achieved an H2B 70% average in the target language and overall WAM of 70% across their academic record, with no results below an H2B (70+) in the target language subjects
- The student is ineligible for a Melbourne Global Languages Scholarship if they have previously been, or have currently been awarded either of the following:
*Melbourne Mobility Awards
*Melbourne Global Languages Scholarship
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred, students unable to travel in the period the scholarship is awarded should reapply again in a future round
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
How to apply for the Melbourne global Languages Scholarship 2018
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a Melbourne Global Languages Scholarship
- Gain written approval from Stop 1 and the discipline convenor for exchange and intensive
- If you are applying for special consideration - ensure that you outline which areas of eligibility you do not fit within and why you feel you should be considered as a candidate.
- Complete the application form. Ensure that you read the details carefully
- Submit your completed application with approvals to email@example.com
Complete the form and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.