Norman Macgeorge Scholarship
The Norman Macgeorge Scholarship provides research higher degree students in the visual, creative and performing arts, music, architecture, conservation, literature, creative writing, language, history, philosophy and anthropology at The University of Melbourne with financial assistance to travel overseas on a research trip.The scholarship is intended to support visits to key, prestigious, international organisation/s.
Successful students will receive a contribution of up to $ 6,000 toward travel expenses.
Open to PhD students (only) of The University of Melbourne who:
- Have completed, at a high level of achievement, a tertiary course that is at least equivalent to an Australian four year honours degree, and
- Are in the early stages of their candidacy for a research higher degree in the visual, creative and performing arts, music, architecture, conservation, literature, creative writing, language, history, philosophy and anthropology at The University of Melbourne and have maintained satisfactory progress since commencement, and
- Are enrolled full or part time at The University of Melbourne.
- The research trip must take place between 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2019. The scholarship may not be deferred beyond this period
- The scholar will be responsible for making their own travel and accommodation bookings, spend 80% of their time during the trip undertaking research at the international organisation/s specified and agreed to by the committee and making appointments to gain access to resources at the organisation/s
- The scholar will be required to deliver a Departmental seminar and scholarship report within three months after returning from the research trip
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a progress report
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 4-6 weeks after the closing date.
You must submit your application online (via the link below) which requires details of your proposed study overseas, budget, scholarship amount requested and documents uploaded as outlined below:
- Curriculum vitae, details of your field of study, any financial support plus an academic transcript
- Proposed program for the research trip
- Proposed budget for the research trip
- Proposed title of your Departmental seminar to be delivered within three months after returning from the research trip
- Confirmation that you accept the terms and conditions of the Scholarship listed in the guidelines
- Letter/email of support from your postgraduate supervisor
Faculty of Arts Awards Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Fine Arts and Music: Caroline Deacon or Edwina Buckley email@example.com