The Anna Lodewyckx Scandinavian Scholarships
The Anna Lodewyckx Scandinavian Scholarships are awarded to promote the advanced study of Icelandic (Old Norse and Modern Icelandic) or to encourage study and research in Scandinavian countries.
For the purposes of this scholarship a Scandinavian country is one of Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland or the Faroe Islands.
One or more scholarships may be offered from this amount
Open to graduates or final year honours undergraduates who are Australian citizens, have had the degree of bachelor of Arts (degree with honours) formally conferred by an Australian university or who have had some other degree approved by the selection committee formally conferred, and who possess at least an elementary knowledge of a Scandinavian language.
The applicant must undertake an approved course of study at a Scandinavian university. This can include summer school and/or course intensives subject to committee approval.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
You must submit your application online (via the link below) which requires a 300-500 word statement outlining how the scholarship would impact your life and assist with your studies, details of your proposed study overseas and documents uploaded as outlined below:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Proof of Australian citizenship
- Current academic record/ transcript (or some other form of evidence showing you meet eligibility)
- Any other information which may assist the Committee in making its decision