The Igor Meshakov-Korjakin Russian Scholarship
The late Igor Meshakov-Korjakin, gave direction to establish a scholarship or scholarships for students of Russian. The scholarship is to enable students to study Russian language and/or Russian literature at a university in Russia or at the Pushkin Institute in Moscow. The donor was a retired senior lecturer in the then department of Russian and Language Studies at the University.
Several awards will be offered from this amount.
Students must have successfully completed at least Russian Language and Culture 1 and 2 (or the equivalent)
Students who intend to travel for Study Exchange - Intensive Language/ Summer programs are encouraged to apply.
Examples of acceptable institutions: Pushkin Institute, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Petrozavodsk State University
- Scholarship travel must be taken between 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019
- The scholarships will be awarded to the applicants who make the most compelling case for the use of scholarship funds in terms of their future studies/research and/or who best demonstrates that the funds would be integral to a successful research outcome.
- The value of each scholarship is to be based on a reasonable amount to support the usual expenses that would be incurred in the nature of such a study trip and to be relative to the term of study proposed and approved by the committee and according to available funds.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
You must submit your application online (via the link below). Please provide the following information:
- A summary of your proposed program of study in Russia
- Evidence of initial contact or Global Mobility Exchange approval or short course placement at a Russian university including commencement and completion dates
- Current Academic Record/transcript
- Proof of current enrolment at the University of Melbourne
- Two academic references
- Any other documents or information which may assist the Faculty in making its decision