The Order of Australia Association Foundation Scholarship
- 1st Nov 2017
- 14th Nov 2017
- Study level
- Graduate coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
Number of places
One place available
- Study Area
The Order of Australia Association Foundation helps promising young Australians achieve their potential by awarding Scholarships to students in their early years of tertiary study. This special one-off Scholarship will be awarded to a final-year University of Melbourne undergraduate student beginning the Master of Cultural Materials Conservation two-year graduate program in 2018.
Valued at $40,000 awarded over two years.
The Scholarship has two complementary components where the awardee receives:
- A $40,000 contribution towards the awardee's tuition fees, accommodation and/or living allowance (where applicable); and
- The opportunity of an ongoing mentor relationship with a member of the Order of Australia who is eminent in the awardee's chosen field of study
The scholarship is open to students who:
- Are Australian citizens
- Are aged in their 20s (students in their early 30s may be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- Are enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student within any Faculty in the University of Melbourne in 2017
- Expect to complete their undergraduate degree in 2017
- Will continue their studies with a Master of Cultural Materials Conservation two-year graduate program in 2018
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement in their tertiary studies
- Have demonstrated qualities of leadership, initiative and being involved in community affairs
- Are able to demonstrate their need for financial assistance
A University of Melbourne selection panel will shortlist applicants before conducting interviews with up to six candidates. The three finalists determined by this process will be considered by the Order of Australia National Selection Panel, who will select the recipient of the award.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on 27 November 2017.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to their donor/committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
The successful candidate will be contacted in late February.
Applications for the Scholarship must be submitted via the online application form below, which must be completed and submitted with the following documentary evidence:
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship and Date of Birth
- University academic record
- Financial information demonstrating financial need
- Brief CV of no more than three pages that includes the contact details of two referees
- Evidence of Community Involvement/leadership (optional)
Please ensure you have the above information available before you commence your online application.