The Prue Torney Memorial Prize
Professor Susan Magarey AM, FASSA established a postgraduate travelling scholarship/ prize in Asian Studies, in the name of the late Prue Torney who was a staff member in the school of Historical Studies before her death on 28 April 2006.
The award can be used to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, entrance fees and conference registrations, research material costs, travel insurance, per diem.
One award will be offered.
- Open annually to a research student who identifies as female enrolled in a Graduate Coursework or Graduate Research program in the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies, to be used for travel to Asia to further her historical research studies.
- Students must be confirmed or have completed their formal review successfully.
Please contact Arts Awards with any questions about any of the eligibility criteria at the email below.
Recipients are required to:
- Accept award online within 21 days
- Write two letters of appreciation to the committee (upon acceptance and after completion)
- Submit a final report
Applicants will be advised of the outcome via email within 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Eligible applicants must complete the online application form (via the link below) which requires details of your research program, including full itinerary, a statement (approx. 500 words) clearly indicating your field of research and how the award is likely to enhance your research project and graduate research experience, your budget and documents uploaded as outlined below:
- A statement of support from your supervisor
- Documentary evidence of availability of archival materials at the locations you intend to visit and details of access arangements if applicable
- Any other information to support application that may assist the committee in making its decision