W.T. Mollison Scholarship in Modern Languages
- 3rd Sep 2018
- 15th Oct 2018
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Honours
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- University Trust Record
- Study Area
The W.T. Mollison Scholarship was established in 1884 bequeathed by William Thomas Mollison for the purposes of encouraging in young persons the study and knowledge of modern languages.
- have completed or are completing honours in Modern Languages at the University of Melbourne up to two years prior to your application; and/or
- have completed or are completing a third year of study in Modern Languages at the University of Melbourne and have enrolled in honours AND
- intend to travel overseas (from Australia) to the country of the language in which you hold the scholarship and engage in appropriate work on the language at an overseas institution for a minimum of 3 months
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- preference may be given to students who have completed honours at the University of Melbourne and intend to return to the University to pursue graduate studies in modern languages or cognate fields.
- the proposals will be reviewed by a committee and awarded to the candidate who will best achieve the donor’s purpose, ‘to encourage in young persons, the study and knowledge of modern languages’ which will be based on their proposals and academic achievement.
- Recipients will be required to submit a scholarship report for the committee within two months of returning from their travel
- Travel must begin within 12 months of being awarded the scholarship or the recipient must request an extension in writing to the committee. Any changes to the initial proposal must have committee approval.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome early in the following year.
Submit an application online which includes the following:
- a 1 page outline of your intended overseas institution, course of study, and proposed activities/reasons
- 1 academic reference
- statement of results
- proposed itinerary