The Faculty of Arts has one admission round for local students per year, the deadline is 31 October. International applications may be submitted at any time. However, applications should be submitted prior to any relevant scholarship application deadline.
There are two deadlines for applications for Faculty of Arts scholarships:
- First round deadline: 31 August
- Second round deadline: 31 October
The Faculty of Arts may award all available scholarships in the first round of allocation; applications received in the second round will only be eligible for any remaining scholarships.
Fore more information about applying for graduate research please see the Information for graduate researchers web page.
The following documentation must also be included with the application:
- Certified academic transcripts, including an explanation of the grading system used by that institution
- A copy of the 2,500 word research proposal
- A 5,000 word writing sample
- Two written academic references. These can be sent directly to the Graduate Research Admissions office by the referees.The references should assess the applicant's research abilities to date (skills in identifying research areas, carrying out independent research, motivation and organisation, writing skills, ability to meet deadlines, etc), as well as your research potential
Please note: If you have recently completed honours, Graduate Diploma, or a Masters by Coursework with research component in this School, you do not need to provide academic references.