Human Kind: Accommodation, travel and visiting Melbourne
Here you will find a list of accommodation providers located on The University of Melbourne campus, within a short walking distance off-campus, and in the CBD, as well as what to do and see while in Melbourne and the State of Victoria.
The following accommodation providers are located on The University of Melbourne campus:
Graduate House, Parkville
- Graduate House bookings ($170 per night)
- Join the Graduate Unon: Types of membership
- International House premium apartments ($125 per night)
- University College rates and tariffs ($180 per night)
Additional alternatives walking distance to the University campus include:
Naughtons Parkville Hotel
- Naughtons Parkville Hotel website ($150 per night)
Quest Carlton on Finlay serviced apartments
- Quest Carlton on Finlay website ($180-200 per night)
Vibe Hotel Carlton
- Vibe Hotel Carlton website (from $99 per night)
Accommodation in Central Business District, Melbourne (CBD)
Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Sofitel Melbourne on Collins website.
Human Kind: Transforming Identity in British and Australian Portraits 1700-1914 international Conference is kindly supported by Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.
Melbourne is one of the great cultural capitals of Australia (Melburnians would say 'the cultural capital') and there is much to see and do. As we get closer to the conference, we'll provide some suggested highlights for a trip to Melbourne.
In the meantime, Tourism Victoria has information on both the city itself and regional Victoria.
Portrait of Lily Stirling (detail)
Oil on canvas
85.4 x 63.6 cm
Melbourne, National Gallery of Victoria (A13-1980)