The Exchange program allows students to study at an overseas institution through the University's Exchange or Fee-paying programs.
The University of Melbourne Exchange program offers students a unique opportunity to study and live overseas whilst completing a degree. You can study for a single semester or full year at any one of approx. 200 Exchange partners in over 35 countries around the world. Exchange students remain enrolled at the University of Melbourne and continue to pay their tuition fees to the University of Melbourne and do not pay any tuition fees to their host university.
You also have the option to study at an overseas institution through a Fee-paying program. This means you can independently apply to a host institution that is not partnered with the University of Melbourne. However, you will be required to pay the fees for this program directly to the host institution.
Melbourne Global Mobility
Melbourne Global Mobility provides support to students interested in studying overseas for part of their university degree either as an Exchange student or as a Study Abroad student. On either program you can receive credit or fulfil academic requirements for your studies overseas, if your study schedule is approved.
Scholarships for Language students
Melbourne Global Mobility offers a number of Melbourne Global Languages scholarships each year.
Studying Abroad as part of your honours degree
Area specific Exchange information
- Exchange/overseas study guide (50kb pdf)
- Guide for students of French Studying Overseas on Exchange (106kb pdf)
- The French Government offers a number of awards to young Australians wishing to take up positions as English Language assistants in secondary or primary schools in metropolitan France and elsewhere. Applicants must be Australian teachers of French, final year B.Ed. or Dip.Ed., students intending to become teachers of French, or Bachelor of Arts students majoring in French. Assistants are appointed for seven months and are required to conduct conversation classes in English. More details are available on the Embassy of France in Canberra website
- The University has an excellent exchange agreement with Moscow State University. More information can be found on the Study Overseas website.
- Overseas study guide for students of German (65kb pdf)
- Exchanges to Germany and Austria: the University has exchange agreements with the following universities:
Spanish and Latin American studies
More Exchange information
- Students who wish to study in France should consult the Embassy of France in Canberra website