Research Assistant for project on Migrants Care Practices and Policies in Australia
A casual Research Assistant (RA) is required for a project investigating the responsiveness of social policies to African migrants' care practices and care needs.
Please note: Applications for this position ARE NOW CLOSED.
The roles and responsibilities of the RA will be to:
- Produce a comprehensive annotated bibliography on the topic
- Produce an Endnote library of bibliographic references
- Identify online resources with information relevant to the topic
- Undertake research administration tasks as required
- Transcribe audio interviews as required
- Masters degree in the Social Sciences
- Experience of working on a research project (other than MA thesis)
- Proficiency in MSOffice suite
- Proficiency in Endnote
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week
- Candidates with a completed or nearly completed PhD will be preferred
- Experience of research with African or other migrant communities
- Familiarity with NVIVO qualitative research software
The RA will be appointed as a University of Melbourne Casual Research Assistant, Grade 1. A total of 500 hours is available, @ $38.34 per hour. Number of hours per week to be negotiated. This position will start in early June.